Monday, August 10, 2009

Well...crap

Today was not a fun day. After finally coaxing William to take an early afternoon nap, I cozy up to a good book and relax until about 20 minutes later when I hear William yelling 'POOOPY!' from his room. Sure enough, I open the door to find that he has stripped off his diaper and taken a giant poop in the middle of the room. I would be more inclined to be understanding if not for the fact there is no poop in the diaper. This means that he felt the urge, took the diaper off, pooped in the middle of the room and THEN called me in. I think we are going to have to discuss the order in which these events should have occured.

So after throwing William in the bath, I proceed to clean his room. About half way through steam cleaning his carpet I realize I am running late for a briefing I have to attend. I rush through the rest of the job, throw clothes on the kids, run them down to the car and off we go to daycare. After signing each child into a separate room and briefing each teacher with their needs and dealing with William's meltdown I finally jet to the car to try to make it on time to my only scheduled activity for the entire week, a briefing required to move our stuff to the new house.

I realize I must be running a little late but I refuse to have gone through all this trouble for nothing so I suck up my pride and try to sneak into the briefing and hide at the back. When I finally think I might be able to take a breath and relax because I made it, the instructor glares at me and tells me I need to leave and reschedule. It is at this point that I glance at the clock and realize I am more than 20 minutes late. Oops. Of course rescheduling requires taking a number and sitting in the waiting room for an hour. Calling in and just setting a new date would be far too easy...So I pick up the kids after using all my daycare time and I am right back where I started.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a bad day :( But now you need to blog about what a good boy William is. Tell the good poopy story!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete