Thursday, August 13, 2009

O-kay...

This evening the boys and I were watching a video of Marc reading a book to Jonathon (recorded before the last deployment). The book was "Alaska's ABC's" and Jonathon was enthralled by watching his daddy read to him when he was a baby. As Marc was reading on the video, I was flipping through the pages in the book so that the boys could see the pictures. William and Jason were more interested in the book than the video but Jonathon was sitting quietly in his chair with his eyes on the TV. As Marc got to the O words and said 'Otters swimming in the ocean', Jonathon blurts out OPTIMUS PRIME! So...my instincts as a mother are at odds, one stating that Jonathon is watching WAY too much television and one jumping up and down because he sounded out the beginning of a word. I finally take a breath and tell Jonathon that he did a GREAT job and that yes 'Optimus Prime' does start with an O. He was so excited and gave me a very proud smile then settled back down to watch the rest of the video while I plotted how I could unplug my addicted child. Any ideas? By the way, I don't think Jonathon has ever seen 'Transformers' so I have no idea where he got that from, I must assume it is from the new Burger King commercials...

3 comments:

  1. I have one, probably unwanted, idea. Cancel your cable. Only watch library videos or the ones you have. Voila! No commercials.

    My nephew is so smart! He knows his letters! And his transformers. :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha I love that even apart, Bryson and Jonathan are on the same wave-length! Nothing but transformers at our house these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, looks like I was logged in under my hubby's account, but it's me, Jessica (Cory and Bryson's mom)

    ReplyDelete